Monday 9 April 2018

Finishing Up

With my Saucy Ladies challenge piece out of the way and "in the box", (secrecy required here), I started organizing my thoughts and works that I intend to present to the Yorkshire Rose Quilt Guild  in Toronto on Wednesday evening.
 I am taking some unfinished work as most are interested in the process as well as the final piece.

However I wanted to work the Forest Violets piece further.
I knew I needed to 'net' it and quilt it, but I kept putting it off.
5 days of fine work, at least 15 hours of machine noise........I took a lot of breaks, (a lot of cookies). But it's quilted.

I'll take the piece unbound, but finished.
One of my big concerns had been whether to cut the netting from the black tree fabric. I used white netting as it was the friendliest for the bright leaf and flower colour, but it looked muddy on the trees. Finally, at the end of the process I held my breath and worked it with black.
I'm happy.

Now it will go into the September Quilt show.





No comments:

Post a Comment