Wednesday 7 February 2018

Started Something New.- Spring Melt

I hadn't meant to. I do have my Bear and my Landscape to finish.
So it's not my fault 😇.

My Fibre Art's group meet once a month, outside the guild meetings, and we try to challenge each other with new ideas. Some of them are really great. My bear is a result of the collective nudge.

This time, MOSAIC tiling was the theme, and as I got to prowling the internet for a new idea it slowly dawned on me, the commonality of mosaics, stain glass, tiling, applique, snippets, confetti, and collage. They are all essentially the same thing. So this was not too far from what I have been doing this year.

I did have a picture/painting set aside for future interpretation so I decided to use it for this.


And I just happened to have a lot of prepared little brown pieces for the newly melted areas.

To make this piece mine I decided to change a few things, starting with the sky. From my stash of painted cloth I selected a blue/ pink FQ. The morning with my group, (though I do have to admit there was a lot of chattering and laughing, complete with Second Breakfast), resulted in a good start.
A few hours home this afternoon and I have about one quarter of the sky done.


I thought a Dawn sky would be nice. Tight tiling.
So this is started. It isn't high on my GOTTA DO list, and I will work on this off an on. I MAY get it done this week........?

No comments:

Post a Comment