Monday 19 February 2018

Post Workshop

There was a time I could stand on my feet all day.......and go dancing.
HA! Those days are over. Yesterday was a rest day. I put my feet up.

11 participants from the Dufferin Piecemakers Guild met in the lovely town of Grand Valley. I think there were also a couple of.........OBSERVERS.

A number were very proficient. We looked at their work and tried to decide why they were unhappy, or why they were stuck. It always helps to get a pair of fresh eyes.
A number had to deal with the fact their "retreat" machines were only capable of"normal sewing". It was great when we could find a workaround. One woman went home and brought back her "real" machine.
As well as looking at creative ways to put life into their work with unusual fabric treatments, we played with hoop work using netting and stabilizers as a way to get some detailed work onto their pieces without the risk of Free Motion distortion.

And 2? of these fun ladies finished their pieces.

It was great to watch the dynamics of this group who were obviously good friends and very close.

They promised me I'd get photos of their completed art. I can hardly wait.

                                                                          😊

No comments:

Post a Comment