Sunday 27 August 2017

Summer is Winding Down

Anyone who lives in southern Ontario knows summer is over when the CNE begins. This late summer fair has been running in the Toronto area since 1879. Impressions from visits even 50 years ago are vivid; the classic fair with the midway rides, the noise, the smell of cotton candy and fried sugar.

Once that began I knew it was time to finish those summer vacation activities, and check off things on my to-do list.

The "Jane" quilt is almost bound.
In addition, I now have 4 new donation quilts sitting on the work table to finish for our guild. Though I didn't go on our annual retreat this year, the girls carried on without me. I think they were actually more productive!


I'm almost finished knitting my sweater and am ready to start using my walnut dyed wool.

I spent a few hours today making more dye stuff from some donation walnuts and from the ones my TALL husband could pluck from the nearby trees.



I dyed two large pieces, a meter+ each. I immersed them sequentially (and I will do at least one more...tomorrow) because I wanted the tone difference in a large amount of fabric. I'm planning to use these tone on tone fabrics in the future.
I still plan to do some painting!


AND I spent 2 days ( unbelievable), hand sewing a stuffed toy. A Rabbit.


This is one of Ann Wood's Forest folk. Seems like a long time given the size of the thing. (Just big enough for baby hands. LOL) SOOOOOOOooooooo CUTE!

It's almost time to go back into the studio and back to serious work......
After I got over the guilt.......I enjoyed my lazy summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment