Sunday 23 April 2017

Birch Trees - Day 5

Now the distractions of the workshop ( to be continued) and gardening ( in phases only, as my strength and the weather allows) are not crowding my brain, I went back to this guy. It hung, unfinished on my wall and though I said it could have been considered complete at that point, I decided to add another layer.

I added some more interest to the bottom ( barely noticeable, but then it shouldn't stand out ) and then turned to the last layer of trees.

My first effort just felt wrong. I tried a couple of arrangements but it I would have had to change the dimension of the canvas to get it to feel right.


I decided the trees were just too big. I cut the largest ones in half and trimmed the remaining. After taking everything off and starting over, these narrower trees "fit" better.


No comments:

Post a Comment