Friday 17 March 2017

Flying Geese Quilt - Day 2

I decided yesterday I wanted something luscious for the bellies of the geese, something touchable. I found a lovely white velour at our local shop and went to work

As this applique is being finished off the quilt I spent some time quilting the velour onto batting and a light backing. Why all that? The dark colours of the quilt showed through. The addition of a small piece of old sheeting was the trick to make it opaque.

Adding the geese was a little more tricky. Stitching a piece of thin bias cut turned edge material over a quilted and plush background was slow work.


Even though I pinned I had to constantly adjust. So the geese are little fatter. haha!

I have two done.  Tomorrow should see the three on the quilt.


No comments:

Post a Comment