Thursday 15 December 2016

Oh The Weather Outside Is ..........

So I stayed in and made RUM BALLS
A confection of my youth. Well young adulthood really. Young children hate these, between the rum and the bitter sweet taste. So it was considered an ADULT COOKIE. ( I think I seduced my hubby with these.)

Not really a family recipe. They were in the charity cookbook from the Windsor Art Gallery that was published back in the 50's.


Here's the recipe I use............

Approx 14 oz of chocolate cookie crumbs (roughly 2 7oz pkg of chocolate wafers)
1 C walnut crumbs
1 C icing sugar
1 C Cocoa powder ( baking cocoa )
1/2 C rum
1/2 C corn syrup

Mix well.
At some point its easiest to switch to using your hands to really blend the dry with the sticky wet.
Roll into firm balls ( 1 aim for 1 inch)
Roll in icing sugar
That's it!
They keep best in the frig, or cold cellar but they do freeze well also.

No comments:

Post a Comment