Monday 7 November 2016

Birch Trees - Day 6 - Background Complete


So here are the two pieces, stitched and joined together. Right now, the dimensions are 28x40.

I will leave this sit for a few days as there are still some important decisions to be made.

One is how many trees boles will be placed?
The ascetics of numbers plays a big role: does the weight of two small ones equal a large one? and though the original photo has the right side completely clean, save for the branch I may change that.

Second is the composition of the leaves?
I have several options here. I can go with raw applique, 3D-dimensional leaves, Chiffon leaves, a combination of both chiffon and cloth, Thread painted.... the list goes on. It's beginning to rob me of sleep so at this point I'll walk away.



No comments:

Post a Comment