Saturday 18 June 2016

IPM - Day 19

I didn't have much time today as I'm off for a few days to Georgian Bay to celebrate Father's Day with Ed's daughter. I get to do nothing........(yeah sometimes that's an issue.....so I always bring some hand work!.)
I had a long but fun day at the 2016 CQA Show in Toronto, yesterday. Lots of inspiration and lots of fun with my friends.

This morning I decided to add something to my IPM piece I've been putting off. I added the final layer of painted gauze to the foreground. I'm glad I did. It brings that part into line with the feel of the rest of the piece. It doesn't grab my eye anymore, and it no longer weights down the scene.


The harsh colours are softened and some contour is defined. It's no longer a slab of material.

No comments:

Post a Comment