Friday 20 May 2016

Well Here We Go - Edge Of The Woodlot- IPM 2016

I've put this off as long as I can.
You can only think and plan for so long and then you have to do.

I made my picture decision.


I loved the layout of this one but it was too dark. I loved the path and how it disappears into the woods.
I love this colours in this one, but it was a bit nebulous for good fibre composition,..so I cropped it to closer resemble my original choice.










So the plan is to construct the first using the colours of the second!
Great to have a plan. Drew a sketch to define the size.  Drew a sketch to guide fabric cuts.



Transferred the sketch to a light weight facing.
Sorted through and choose some fabrics and then.....





for 2 days I avoided starting.
Its always the hardest point to get past.






Yesterday I played with Chiffon snippets on one of my own dyed fabrics. And quit.


But this morning things were clearer.

I take a lot of photos as I work. I transfer them all to Photoshop so I can "see" them better.
Some how, I lose sight of what I'm trying to accomplish if I stay in the workroom staring at it on the table. I have to hang it, photograph it and leave it for a while. Sometimes an hour, sometimes over night. And I spend most of that time in my head thinking the options through.

All this angst.
I KNOW that 90% of this first layer will disappear under the others.
But it has to feel right and for now...it does.
Now all this needs to be anchored. Right now its under netting with a bit of tacky spray. I'll spend most of my art time this weekend stitching tiny leaves sporadically over the top third in a variegated thread.

I know most of it will be covered, but these random patterns that get laid down will steer the next layer. 
( The rest of my weekend?.....it's FINALLY gardening weekend here in Ontario. Hurrah! )

No comments:

Post a Comment