Friday 13 May 2016

Stuck Inside amd Tied to the Kitchen

Today was Granola day.
Ever since I started making my own using a recipe from Alton Brown, hubby has been joining in with his home made Goat's milk yogurt.


It may be healthy, and tasty but we seem to go through it quickly.
I started making a double recipe but that virtually doubles the time I need to bake it in the oven.
It needs to be stirred frequently so the oatmeal, nuts and Maple syrup don't clump. And so I don't have to wash my hands every 20 min, I stay out of the garden.

So what to do?????
Well,..... Jane of course.
There are no guides for the quilting but I'm finding I'm stitching each block as an individual and giving it added texture and interest. These are not quilted to hold them in place but rather to accentuate their design. So far I've only come across one awkward or Ugly block.


No comments:

Post a Comment