Sunday 22 May 2016

IPM - Day 3

Using organza is all well and good, but at some point it needs definition and depth. I can sit and stitch tiny leaves by the hour and it seems that's what this needs now.
I started stitching directly onto the canvas but not unexpectedly, it started to draw up. I know that will increase as I proceed but I really don't want it  yet.
I went back to stitching on netting and also onto the organza itself.
Both work well but using a coloured organza put on another layer of translucent colour and that's not always a good thing.
I went with white netting this time. And this was easier that the last session with the dogwood branches, because these leaves are blobs of foliage. Just trim the outside and it ready.



Some I put under several layers and some went on top. This series was done with a darker group of colours on the spool. of variegated thread. Theses are the shadowed areas, out of direct sunlight.


And just to put this in perspective, this is about the top 3 or 4 inches. Good start!   Finally!


No comments:

Post a Comment