Saturday 26 March 2016

25 Shades of Grey - Guild Anniversary Challenge

There are a little over 2 weeks before the entries for this challenge need to be handed in to the guild.
Listening to my friends, it's evident there will be a lot of very interesting submissions. This challenge has pushed a lot of people out of their comfort zones.
I always think that's a good thing.

When I finished my piece, I added a band in the framing that showed the 25+ fabrics I had used. I had a piece of the band, leftover, about 4 inches wide and 8 inches long I offered to anyone in my small group.

My friend Ann took it and I think she used up every last bit. In addition to a couple of quirky pieces and a spectacular Portal piece of her own, she produced these two very different pieces. I love them both.


The Escher triangle was a brilliant adaptation, but the next is pure joie de vie that comes from her bubbly nature, ( and perhaps that we can all taste Spring).


Our Guild Banquet in May, promises to be a wonderful reveal of talent.

I WILL TAKE PICTURES

No comments:

Post a Comment