Friday 26 February 2016

Keeping Busy

So what have I been doing the last few days?


Half the quilt is assembled. The blue square to the left and centered in the length is the middle of my round the world version of Jane's Stickle's quilt. Sewing them together solved a lot of issues. They were not all perfect but the sashing smoothed out a lot of irregularities and easing them together allowed them all to make a good show.

When I wasn't working on that,  I worked on the show mount for my Guild piece.

This double mounted.
In honour of the silver anniversary of the guild I added a silver flange inside the black binding. Then I stitched it to a canvas weight piece of green flannel. The whole piece floats in front of the green.
This is probably for the show only. It may be a bit to grand to place on the sales block. We'll see. I have this guy until May.

No comments:

Post a Comment