Tuesday 16 February 2016

GCQ - Devil's Advocate with a Pandora's Box

I trimmed up the piece this morning and was hunting for binding colours when my eye passed over a tool I often use on small pieces......
A FRAME with WHITE MATTING - ( OH NO ...options?)

Though it's total impractical for eventually shipping this piece to BC, its fun to look at the possibilities. So here is the canvas trimmed with a half in margin.



But look what happens when I frame this baby!


It's an entirely different piece. Now this is a generous frame but it cropped part.
If I shift the frame.....


a totally different feel and picture.

SIGH... so many considerations.
So I'll DEFINITELY put this aside for a while, (I have a over a month until its needs to be handed in,) and move on!

No comments:

Post a Comment