Thursday 2 July 2015

New Work- ANOTHER New Cloth

Way back when  I first painted last year i collected a lot of "interesting" pieces of cloth as I played/learned this new craft. As I started to work today I made the decision to use only cloth I had painted/dyed in this piece. (Its really becoming a bit tedious the way I automatically reject the manufactured stuff....even the batik.)
I needed something really dark in the background to play off the light green material I had already auditioned.
I didn't have anything DARK enough. 
But I had this one from last year, already green and begging to be altered.

I took it to the garage, painted it with muddy brown, and then over painted it with black, scrunched it and poured myself a cup of coffee.


                                                                 It went from this

To this!
Not bad for half an hour's work!  I'm really LOVING Black! 
Just a reminder.. this IS ironed flat.


A very interesting piece from which to make background stuff. ( Hey.. camouflage)
Oh No..it's only a fat quarter!

No comments:

Post a Comment