Tuesday 26 May 2015

Tidying up the Leftovers - Green Mosaic Background

After I finished the "unbaby" Quilt and shipped it off to my niece in Oman, I shoved everything into a basket so I could assemble my pieces for the show.
Sunday, I put a new Quilt on the machine and am nicely into that, but I like to take a break from standing at that machine.
I've been asked to produce some pieces with bears and Big Horn sheep, so that's my focus right now.

I decided to recycle the leftovers into a mosaic style background for "something " in the woods.


I had a lot of 3.5 inch pieces left over so I cut them in half and began "randomly" stitching them together.

Cut once more, I have inch pieces. I put this background together in a bout 2 hours. Nice mindless work

Should do very nicely for one of these guys!



No comments:

Post a Comment