Wednesday 22 April 2015

D&B - 6

I worked half a day today so it cut into my manic productivity of SHRUBBERY. LOL
They are starting to become more open and I need to pay more attention to their correct shape, colour and branching pattern. I'm doing these on white netting.

 
(And I'm starting to twitch when I trim them.)
But I'm at the point where I need to start planning the last few layers of trees. I cut ten? this morning with attention to the painted patterns and NOT cutting them straight and regular. The irregularities in the trunks are going to become important as they get bigger.


To get an idea of WHERE to place trees, I took a picture of the background and overlaid it with different size paper trees. I don't want to fill it completely. I want it to remain open and natural so we can still see into the distance. This is sort of where I'm headed.

 
This is going to be slower work as these trees need detailed application and side branches put in as well. And the shrubs need to be custom stitched for their location. I have my two sewing machines working here. One to loosely attach items in invisible thread and the other to add colour detail. A lot of thread changes too with the shrubbery changing from grey/pink to deep red.

No comments:

Post a Comment