Tuesday 7 April 2015

Blossoms - Final - Still Life

I have this old frame that I use to help me size and view work under construction, but this piece said "staple me in" and hang me on the wall.

Adding that last larger flower made the piece come to life. It took a day and a half to stitch all the flowers to the background, and though the little "stamens" are not all that visible, under closer scrutiny, they are "right". And my little Luna moth adds some sparkle.

This piece started out as two different exercises and I wasn't particularly thrilled with how this was coming together...until I tried using the picture frame, It was pure, classical still life. All those art classes and museums must have left their mark LOL

So I will go ahead and finish this with a cloth frame, mimicking white matting and black edge.
It just seem to finish this piece.
I used 3 of my own hand painted Fat Quarters. That in it self is very satisfying.
Now I'm really pleased with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment