Monday 2 March 2015

Second Background....... OR ...50 Shades of Green

This is about as close to abstract as I get.

 
I considered a number of things for this background including the baby bear. I found some interesting line drawings of grizzlies but I decided they weren't the best for this bg.

This is a gradation of green fabrics. My original idea was to appliqué leaves reversing the shades on the surface. When I constructed this, there was a irregular edge. I cut this off and made some pillow cased applique leaves from them.



But they were a bit lost on the surface. There weren't enough and there wasn't enough contrast.

So using the left over squares from the Unbaby Quilt, I cut simple leaf shapes, enough to cover the surface.



But lesson learned I needed to finish the backing FIRST.



After I "scattered" the leaves on the surface and then I made room for the pillowed leaves. Everything was stitched down.


Finishing this now is a matter of thread colour, satin stitching, maybe some decorative stitches (if my machine behaves) and/some beading??.

No comments:

Post a Comment