Wednesday 18 March 2015

Background for Backlit Fawn

My day is divided by necessity. Customer quilter and working on the background for the fawn. Throw in trying to do the gym 3x a week and visiting friends in TO yesterday, I sometimes feel I don't move forward fast enough.
I don't like switching genres everyday but both my projects are crowding my sleep. The quilt is over half done and the trees are encroaching the grass.

I have no straightforward plan for this piece. I left it last time wondering about the colour thread to use on the green areas. I was going to place some trees on the right but today? I simply moved them to the left and the green became natural shadow on the meadow's edge.
As this exercise IS the background, I haven't begun the fawn yet. That's not an issue. IT will appear when needed.

So the trees are in full sun and they needed to reflect different shades of green. I have two. I don't know at this point how many more I will add to the grassy area.


The initial layer is green chiffon, a little light green as a filler and edge. This is far from finished. Each additional piece I apply I finish fully as if it were standing alone. I may cover it but I learned its much harder to fill the background when its covered with other stuff. This is right on the edge, but I'm half thinking this is going to end up wider.

No comments:

Post a Comment