Thursday 26 February 2015

Another Background

After I had commented on how my forest scenes had cut into my stash of green, a friend passed on her overrun and left overs. Her tastes had changed and these particular fabrics were either not on her menu anymore or too small to work with.

 
Yummy! (and one of her fabrics went into the quilt for my grandniece.)

I decide to play with these today. From 25 fabrics I cut wof one inch wide and stitched them in a progression. Not all the fabrics were 40+ so my piece ended up around 35 inches by 17.

Then I cut off about 8 inches and treated it as a bargello.
When I put this back into the larger piece and flipped a few inches I ended up with a very interesting piece of cloth about 25 x 17

Hmmmmmm. Background for a barely there Bear?
(or might make a nice tote bag!!)

 

No comments:

Post a Comment