Tuesday 20 January 2015

Returning To Kicking Horse

I think it will be a while before I start another piece that involves these micro quilted trees.
They are great, but they take a toll on my eyes and my twitch muscles. I need to take frequent breaks when I do them . How many to date for this project? at least 20, with 8 today. They don't look very substantial but the cumulative result is very natural and full.



I'm feeling my way through this one. I have cut and placed ( pinned) a lot of fabric for tree trunks but remove and add foliage to give the look of depth.


I do jump around when I work on these things. When I get tired of one section, I leave it and move to another area. I changed colour to a lighter green. The evergreen foliage is younger and closer.

No comments:

Post a Comment