Wednesday 21 January 2015

Kicking Horse - More Trees

Noon:
I now have all of yesterday's evergreens in place and added another layer of netted deciduous leaves.
All the major tree trunks are still only pinned in place. They are close enough to the bottom and front that there is still a call for foliage behind them. It's also time to brighten the colour of the deciduous foliage. More evergreen foliage is needed but that can wait until I feel like micro work again.


I'm getting to the point where I need to start thinking about that large poplar/birch right behind the figure. The exact specie is not an issue as both are found at that size and in that location. I'm leaning towards poplar as a birch that size would probably have more distorted and dirty bark at its base. I need to play with paint now to match the colour to the picture. As this is early autumn ( Sept ), there will still be a lot of foliage on it. Branch placement should fill the rest of the center sky.
This piece is not batted or on canvas yet but I'm getting close to where it needs to happen. That extra texture will show in the foreground.
I do like how this is coming together :-).

4:00 PM
I have worked on trees most of this afternoon. Can you spot the differences? LOL Slow work.

No comments:

Post a Comment