Saturday 31 January 2015

Here I Am In LIMBO Again

Between projects I drive my husband nuts. (That's also when I usually send out inappropriate emails to my family. Good thing they know me!)

I do have something simmering at the back of my mind that came out of the blue, yesterday, when I was surfing. It's not gelled yet so you'll have to wait.

In the meantime, I came across a notice that Ricky Tims is coming to Mt Forest in May. That's just over the watershed from here.
I'm not going, I don't go to most of these things as I usually have nothing in common with those celebrities who are there to sell their quilt patterns.

HOWEVER I thought I'd have a look at what all the fuss was over his Convergence Quilts. There are lots on Google. They can be spectacular. I looked a few and figured it out but I was left wondering about the amount of fabric that went into this particular quilt.

So this morning I decided to play with........4 charm squares.
I figured at the least I could donate it to the Guild's Mini stash needed for the show in May.
BUT 4 five inch charm squares yielded a patch less than 7 inches across.
That's a lot of waste.
Now I know the quilts use bigger cuts and I still used quarter inch seams in this mini. I'll have to hunt down one of his books to satisfy my curiosity about yardage for a full sized quilt.

So here's my mini, a al Ricky Tims, for the Guild. LOL (I may still embellish it!?)


ps. the narrowest lines are .25 inches wide. Fun!



No comments:

Post a Comment