Tuesday 16 December 2014

Sratched another Itch

Like a lot of quilters I know, we have several things on the go or we have a stack of kits we'll get to some day.
I bought a Christmas quilt made with Stonehenge fabrics over a year ago and as I have 8 days till Christmas I thought it was time.

 
This kit is probably familiar as its center piece was sold separately with LED lights to stand alone.

 
I understand that didn't go over too well.
I wouldn't meld lights with cloth even if they are supposed to be safe. It happens that a local women designs for this company and she was selling these at a discount at the lost SOLO meeting I went to. (Southern Ontario Longarm Operators) and she had done such a marvelous job with the quilting, I bought one and there it sat.
Till this afternoon.

 
First job is to sort the fabrics (which when they're all red was a little tough..I had to go by the yardage.)
The center panel is fussy cut. I made a little template from my ruler to help with the job.


 
And then it took me the rest of the day, (sore back and feet) to cut it out. TA DAA

 
This is just what I need at the moment. (Actually, it's the glass of wine in my hand that I NEED.) Its now a mindless but enjoyable exercise that will give my brain a rest. (or at least allow me to think about all my other projects and still accomplish something.) So I'll assemble this tomorrow.



No comments:

Post a Comment