Thursday 4 December 2014

It's All Fun

My son, the climber, asked if I could make him a chalk bag, (dries the sweat while climbing and hangs from their belt.) He has one, but he has large hands and finds the commercial ones restricting and inconvenient, particularly at the wrong time, 500 ft in the air. I have trouble looking at his photos.

I asked what colour, and he said a "Star Trek" one would be the coolest one at the gym.........

I have to explain that he was weaned on Comic con Conventions. He attended the first one in Toronto at my side. What? Is it so surprising that a high school Chemistry teacher, would LOVE the science in the series. ( I also watched the original at lunch time when we were home from elementary school.) (Shatner for Prime Minister) LOL

Some quick internet search and I found a "how to". So after a trip to a second hand clothing store, I returned with a pair of black pants and a red fleece top.

I spent a couple of hours on the badge. It was really the only nod to the series. Not authentic I know, but it will do.


I chose this particular pair of pants because when they were deconstructed I had a full size discrete zippered pocket to work with. The waist band was cannibalized as well. The red fleece became the liner and with an internal drawstring, the bag is complete.

It IS for Christmas, but I'll let him know its ready,...............in case he wants to go to the gym.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment