Sunday 7 December 2014

In the Birches

I played today, with some painted fabric and a set of ink pencils.
I took this lovely watercolour and turned it into a piece of quilted art.

I went from this..................
 
to this......

The material for the birch I had prepared the other day, while I was painting the ski slopes and had to wait for them to dry.
 
This was done with Derwent Ink pencils and with a touch of water this material did this......

 
The original animal was a moose but as there are none in in BC, I changed it to an Elk. Pencils first and then wet.

 
Adding these pieces to one of my early painted cloths was easy. When it was all assembled it looked like this.

Sewing the birch branches, thread painting the Elk and moving the trunks of the trees beyond the border, lifts this already pleasing piece to a new level.
 
 
                                                             In the Birches  16"x 14"
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment