Monday 22 December 2014

Christmas Tree Quilt - Just in Time For Christmas

So its 3:00 pm on the Monday before Christmas. Have I cleaned? Have I finished shopping? Have I begun cooking?  ..............................No !

I finished this quilt!


I had been in a discussion recently, on another board about whether Feathers were being used too much. I think they fit well in a lot of places but I chose not to use them here. I did consider them but then I decided they weren't a Christmas icon. But Holly is and snow flakes are. So that's what I used to finished this piece. The Log cabin squares received Holly and the borders have large snowflakes scattered around.
The center?
Somewhere I came across this sketch of a tree. It may have been a tattoo. (Don't ask....but there are a lot of excellent drawings in the tattoo sites!)

 
So it went in the center, in sections, using the tearaway stabilizer.

 
And after that was done I went over the whole thing again with gold thread. It doesn't show well with my camera but its there.

Just enough Bling!
Hopefully the few shots of the back give you some idea of how this piece looks.


And my center line is perfect!
NOW I can think about getting ready. I have company arriving in 2 days. See you after Christmas!
Merry Christmas!


No comments:

Post a Comment