Monday 10 November 2014

Denim Quilt

It wasn't until last week's meeting with my fibre arts group that I remembered I had the pieces for this donation quilt sitting beside my longarm. I was so embarrassed I even did the binding.
But it is now ready and can be submitted with the 3 other quilts our group worked on, at the Guild Meeting tomorrow night.

This was a little trickier than I expected as it was made from the heavier pants material, and old worn denim has a life of its own and moves with the drag of the machine quilting foot. There was no way I could quilt over any of the unions where 4 pieces came together, so I needed a pattern that would avoid those difficult places.
The pattern that I thought would suit the material and the quilt was the continuous line puzzle pattern.
I positioned it so I only crossed a single seam. Even then there was a little coaxing in places and some materials were thicker than others.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment