Monday 29 September 2014

Red Rocks in Cheltenham Ontario


Trusty old Weather Network. I do source a lot of inspiration from the photos posted there and yesterday was no exception. To the point where I dragged my husband into the car this morning and drove half an hour to the Cheltenham Badlands.


These are not rock as much as clay deposits that were exposed through poor farming practice. I've lived within 100 miles of this place for 40 years and never knew they existed. The site is only a few acres in size.
It is a listed UNESCO site and considered part of the Bruce trail complex.
Go there quickly if you can, as there is a movement to close the area to the public as they will not follow the rules of not walking on the sensitive surface.
As I stood on the edges this morning at least 10 adults blissfully walked up and over the rises...to get better photos?
Enjoy mine, taken from the edges.
















No comments:

Post a Comment