Sunday 17 August 2014

Red Fox - Final

When I look at this guy I feel I should give it a title reminiscent of Aesop!

       " The Fox and the Cardinal"

It took me a couple of false starts to quilt this piece. I love this material as it has so much potential, even though it seems rather dull and drab at first glance.The diagonal is not even and starts and ends to often. So I went with horizontal, up to where I wanted to imply foliage. I change the spacing and created small squares.

I added 6 leaves from the same background material and over painted them for a little punch. This was much more in keeping with the subtle feeling I wanted. If I had used a different colour I thought it would detract from the characters.

I auditioned the simple teardrop Cardinal in the same colour as the fox but went instead with a bright orange red. It is so small that it doesn't weigh the piece down, the Fox still commands centre place. Finished with a simple narrow binding in the background colour.

 
 
 
Perhaps this scene is not feasible in the real world but............what fun is that!

No comments:

Post a Comment