Wednesday 20 August 2014

Portable Art- Four Inuksuk

As I'm going north for a long weekend, I need to take some work with me (so I don't go crazy with the peace and quiet?) I'm in the process of assembling some small works that I can free motion. I don't want to be hauling materials that I might have to cut. They just take up too much space.

These four pieces are going to be a set of Inuksuk destined for the gallery in Golden. Raw edge applique and probably some of my NEW pearlized paint to give them a little sparkle in the dull Arctic situ.
Recognize the sky? I chopped my fat quarter piece of gray into four equal sized pieces. I think it works very well here.


 

 
 To simplify things I used the same ground materials in different amounts in each of the four. They are unified by that but contain different Inuksuk.



 

No comments:

Post a Comment