Thursday 24 July 2014

Play time 2 - Reworking my Painted Cloth

Had to wait for a sunny and mild day (with no visitors) to get back to my cloth.
While I liked it, I recognized the colours were not intense enough for my use. I seldom need pastel. Not a bad error though because you can't make it lighter once its been heat set, only darker.

I had one piece I had tried out some basic colour mixing on I hadn't photographed before as it wasn't anything other than a rag. I started with it and rumpled it into a ball, immersed it in very weak green paint to saturate all the white areas, and then left it to dry, as a ball, in the sun. After about an hour I turned it over and pour some left over weak blue.

 
It ended up looking like this. Now that's a usable piece of blue/green.
 

The piece I liked the best, I over painted with only blue and green, and then spattered some yellow. After a short while in the sun I heavily salted it. So it went from nice, to NICE!


from this



to this

And the last piece that was just a piece to try out some techniques also went up in value. Again still two distinct sections, but much more interesting. 
 
from this
 
 
to this.
I really really really REALLY like the salt effect.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment