Tuesday 29 July 2014

Painting Cloth with a Project in Mind

What project. Sockeye Salmon in the Frazer River.

I just nicely got started here when my wandering step son and his wife arrived. They are flying out tomorrow to Switzerland but we hadn't expected them to arrive just as I wet the cloth. But I got three done.



I had started mixing yellow into the orange I mixed last week heading towards what I hoped would be Salmon. I've only got the primaries here and it takes drop by drop to not make mud.
These are indoor shots and they're still wet.

But okay, its got promise.



I started this beauty by laying the dry cloth over the wet left behind. the mottled orange. It dried when I went to greet the kids and when I came back I applied a very dilute mix of the remaining orange and blue. A muddy pea green.      Sure looks like fish to me!


This last is a very wet emulsion of red. taking it out to pale. The touch of orange at the top was from ( shame shame) the unwashed brush!   Nice.

I could really go through a lot of cloth. I cut what I had left of the 5 yards I bought into rough fat quarters.

Gotta go do the hostess thing. Good thing I made a BIG peach cobbler, bean salad and cleaned the house (as well as weeded the drive) this morning. Now I can visit.

We'll continue on with these. I need to study some photos of fish bellies (I'm not a fisherman) and see where I can take these pieces.
But tomorrow is the trip to the Airport so I guess that day will be lost. (At least to this project.)

No comments:

Post a Comment