Saturday 28 June 2014

Flight Feathers

I don't know how far I will get today as I'm being dragged off, this afternoon, to a cottage on the lake with drinks and dinner and stuff. I guess I should go graciously as it IS my step-daughter's, and it IS a belated father's day event as well as a pre-birthday celebration for my husband. Things we have to do! LOL!
She is a fabulous artist in her own medium and we love to get together and discuss how our work differs and is the same.

But to the GOOSE.
Goose is well anchored. The tail is still bothering me so it is only pinned and fused.
But it's time to quit dithering and tackle the flight feathers. I thought at first the closer wing needed some colour differentiation in the ribs of the feathers but as I tried two different colours, I've changed my mind. No bother though because it will be stitched over and disappear.

The "rear or lower" side of the feathers were partially stitched and the "front or upper" side of the feather was completely stitched. This gives more importance to one side. As my photo doesn't really show the stitching well, I included a backside view to show the pattern.

 
 I over exposed this view in photoshop to try to make the stitches visible.


No comments:

Post a Comment