Saturday 24 May 2014

Nellie's 7 Shirt Quilt

It is SO NICE to get back to sewing and quilting. After dealing with some issues it took me a few days to get my energy back. Just when I thought I might get sewing again, the weather said I HAD to address the garden and then I HAD to earn some money. Artists never get a break!

Though my friend had given me this quilt top almost 2 weeks ago, I'm astonished myself that I took so long, but its done.
Some lovely materials can be found by scouring thrift stores. These were all first class shirting materials and should make a durable quilt for the gentleman it is intended for.
Because of the material patterns, we decided simple quilting would be best. SID was a little too plain so I moved the stitching lines about 1/4 inch onto the materials. Just enough to make the point and secure the batting.
Such a cute pattern would adapt itself to any materials, of course. I can see it as a crib quilt as well.



No comments:

Post a Comment