Friday 21 February 2014

The FINISH - sold

After a few wobbly moments and sleepless hours, I declare this piece done.
There was a moment yesterday, when I thought I had ruined it by adding the snow to the trees. The resulting effect was to wash out the piece. There was no contrast left. In the middle of the night, listening to the dismal "spring"? rain, I came to terms with restarting this piece.
There was one last solution to try.
As the trees were now, too pale and washed out, I went at the 3 largest trees with fabric paint and gave them some heft again. My, how good that felt.
I also wrestled with hiding the tips of the deer's feet in the snow, but after a few attempts could fine no satisfactory way to do that. Had I made the "drifts" of snow with folded fabric, then I could have done it with the feet. Doing it now made it look out of place.
I won't bind it for a bit. I KNOW I'll fiddle with something, but my intentions are to give it a 1/8 edging in the dark grey of the trees and then finish it with a standard 1/4 inch black binding.

No comments:

Post a Comment