Sunday 16 February 2014

Another day Lost in the Woods

I stitched trees until I was seeing stitches with my eyes closed, but there is a good base of background filler now. In a few spots I added more grey organza to add a misty film.

But now the background needs weigh. I started first with tiny minced cuts of browns, beiges and rust to mimic the residual winter foliage. This is anchored with invisible thread under netting, and then over stitched with some shrubby branches.

Finally still in the background I added some substantial trees. Slivers of material zigzagged into place. Trees grow up, but not straight. That was easy to accommodate. The last tree is branched. I may go back in stitch branches to the very back trees. Or I may remove it. We'll see.

I haven't decided on the final placement of the deer as yet. There is lots of play here. It depends really on how large I want the final version to be.



No comments:

Post a Comment